There is one topic that I could probably write several blog posts about. It is the unique way something like Cello Journey makes use of the internet. I can mention six things right away.
1. Classical music sounds good recorded live. It does not require much mixing or mastering. This makes it ideal for video.
2. Classical music is abundant. There are several hundred pieces that one can play. There are cello pieces and also music for other instruments which can be transcribed. Much of classical music is in the public domain. A typical pop band has 1 to 3 hit songs. On Cello Journey the repertoire is pretty much unlimited.
3. The distribution of audio and video on the internet. With services like YouTube and iTunes, Cello Journey has been seen over 500,000 times. It can be viewed on computers, iPods, cell phones, Apple TVs, and other media players.
4. Anyone can subscribe to a video podcast like Cello Journey and receive episodes automatically.
5. There is feedback and conversation. It is great that everyone can respond either through comments, e-mails, suggestions, or even by writing on their own blogs.
6. With classical music it is possible to build a relationship with the audience over time. With each episode and each new piece the audience gets to know the musicians better. The musicians get to know the audience better.
Should I write more about this?